Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 6:00 p.m.
Central United Methodist Church, 23 E. Adams, Detroit
(Woodward at Adams, Grand Circus Park)
Discuss the fight against the Snyder/Orr War on Detroit and the Building of:
AN INTERNATIONAL PEOPLES ASSEMBLY AGAINST THE BANKS AND AGAINST AUSTERITY
SATURDAY& SUNDAY, OCTOBER 5th and 6th, 2013,
We call on all activists fighting banker-imposed austerity, here in the U.S. and worldwide, to come to the City of Detroit October 5th and 6th, 2013. Join the people of this city under siege in convening the International People’s Assembly Against the Banks and Against Austerity. This historic gathering takes place on the 5th anniversary of the U.S. government’s $700 billion bailout of the banks.
Join us in Detroit on October 5, 2013. We will demand:
- Cancel the Debt to the Banks that is strangling our schools, cities, states and countries.
- Guarantee the jobs and pensions of the workers and services for the community.
- End undemocratic, racist emergency management of cities and schools.
- Increase funding for public schools. No more charter schools.
- A jobs program funded by the banks to put the unemployed to work rebuilding our cities. The banks owe our communities billions for the destruction they caused.
- Moratorium on all foreclosures and foreclosure-related evictions. Housing is a right!
- Repudiate student loan debt. Education must be free and available to all.
- The federal government must Bail out the People, not the Banks.
- Stop racist attacks, from Florida to Michigan. Stop attacks on the LGBTQ community.
- Defend immigrant rights