RALLY and MARCH
Monday – May 1, 2017 – 5 P.M.
Grand Circus Park – Detroit
(corner Woodward Ave. & W. Adams St.)
- Stop the raids! Stop the deportations! Hands off Immigrants!
- Stop the U.S. war against Syria.
- Hands off People’s Korea.
- Stop police terror.
- Water is a right, from Standing Rock to Flint and Detroit! No pipelines – No shutoffs.
- $15 and a union! Jobs, health care, housing and education are human rights.
- Defend Planned Parenthood! Reproductive rights now. No to Trump’s rape culture.
- No anti-trans bathroom bills or presidential decrees! Stop attacks on the LGBTQ community.
- Stop foreclosures, evictions and utility shutoffs.
- Money for jobs, education, housing – not war.
The recent roundups of migrants under the Trump directive have shocked the world, drawing parallels to internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II. But like the racist, anti-Muslim travel bans these attacks are meeting resistance. Large numbers stayed off work during “a Day Without Immigrants” and huge numbers of migrants are expected to skip work and school on May Day.
The scapegoating of migrants, as well as attacks on Muslims, people of color, women and the LGBTQ community, are all designed to fracture the working class and destroy any possibility of unity. Unity is desperately needed to fight mass layoffs, poverty wages, cutbacks in social programs and a myriad of economic attacks by the capitalist class.
More than a dozen calls have been issued for a general strike in the U.S. on May 1, International Workers Day. These have come from a wide range of organizations of migrant workers, women, prisoners, socialist revolutionaries and others. IT’S TIME TO TALK ABOUT A GLOBAL GENERAL STRIKE – NO WORK, NO SCHOOL, NO SHOPPING, NO RETALIATION!
Initiated by: Moratorium Now Coalition; Michigan People’s Defense Network; Michigan Emergency Committee Against War & Injustice; Detroit Active & Retired Employees Association; Workers World Party
Be the first to comment