HELL NO, DETROITERS WON’T GO!
EMERGENCY PEOPLE’S ASSEMBLY
Saturday, March 14, 2015
1:00 – 4:00 pm
960 E. Jefferson Avenue, Detroit (at I-75, just east of downtown)
We will be planning direct action to save our communities!
- Demand a moratorium (halt) on all tax foreclosures and evictions from occupied homes.
- End water shut-offs.
- Save homes with OUR tax $…don’t destroy them!!
- This is a State of Emergency! Under Michigan law, the Mayor, County Executive and Treasurer, and especially the Governor, have the authority to stop all foreclosures and water shut-offs to stop this disaster from taking place.
- 62,000 homes are scheduled for tax foreclosure on March 31, 2015. 37,000 are occupied homes.
- In the meantime, Lansing is sitting on $220 Million of Hardest Hit Homeowners funds, enough to pay all the delinquent property tax bills of occupied homes, stop the foreclosures, and provide funds to restore county and city services.
- Instead these funds are being given to Dan Gilbert to tear down homes, while the banks are completely left off the hook for the destruction they caused.
If your organization would like to endorse the Emergency People’s Assembly, please email email@example.com or call 248-470-0296.
To download leaflet, click here: Emergency People’s Assembly
For more information contact: Moratorium Now Coalition – moratorium-mi.org
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Phone 313-680-5508
Detroit Eviction Defense – detroitevictiondefense.org – Phone 313-740-1073
Endorsed by: Moratorium NOW! Coalition, Detroit Eviction Defense, Detroit Active and Retired Employees Association (DAREA), Detroit People’s Platform, Detroit News & Letters Committees, Russell Woods – Sullivan Area Association
Be the first to comment