If We Don’t Act
The Cullors Family Will Be Evicted
by Bank of America & Fannie Mae
From their Rosedale Park Home of 23 years
(14503 Artesian, Detroit)
- Jerry Cullors is a retired bakery truck driver and Teamster who had to take steep wage and pension cuts to keep Wonder Bread solvent.
- That made it hard to pay the mortgage serviced by Countrywide, the predatory lender now owned by Bank of America.
- Bank of America led the Cullors to believe they would qualify for a trial modification before denying them relief and suddenly bringing eviction proceedings on behalf of Fannie Mae.
- The Cullors had expected to get help from their former lawyer and mortgage counselors, but found out at the last minute they were on the verge of eviction.
- Jerry and his wife live with their daughter and her grandmother— who is 88 years old and suffers from Alzheimers—in the home they have owned for 23 years.
- Bank of America has plead guilty to foreclosure abuse and is obligated to buy back mishandled mortgages from Fannie Mae and reduce principal for “underwater” homeowners. The Cullors need this help.
- Rosedale Park doesn’t need another empty home!
You Can Help Stop this Eviction 3 Ways:
1.) Join us at the Cullors’ home this Saturday, November 10, at 10:00 a.m. for a rally and march to the nearby Bank of America branch at 17540 Grand River Ave.
2.) Join us in the courtroom of Judge Patricia Jefferson on Tuesday, November 13 at 9:00 a.m. at 36th District Court, 421 Madison St. in downtown Detroit near Greektown. We can show the Judge the community wants the Cullors in their home.
3.) Call Bank of America and tell them to do as they are obligated by Fannie Mae and this years’ state attorneys general settlement: buy the mortgage back from Fannie Mae and modify the loan so the Cullors can stay in their home.
Their loan number is 116546465.
1-877-877-2670, Office of the CEO & President for Mortgages
Call Fannie Mae and tell them to force Bank of America to buy back the mortgage and modify the loan, or sell the house at its appraised value to a non-profit buyer so that the Cullors can arrange to stay in their home. Detroit doesn’t need another empty house blighting the neighborhood!
Fannie Mae Chicago Office: (312) 368-6200
Fannie Mae Mortgage Help Center: 866-442-8572
Ask our political representatives to deliver this same message to Fannie Mae and Bank of America.
Senator Debbie Stabenow: (313) 961-4330
Senator Carl Levin: (313) 226-6020
Congressman John Conyers: (313) 961-5670
Congressman Hansen Clarke: (313) 962-7700
Congressman Gary Peters: (248)-273-4227
Congressman John Dingell: (313)-278-2936
State Senator Tupac Hunter: (517) 373-0994
State Representative Harvey Santana: (517) 373-6990
Wayne County Commissioner Burton Leland: (313) 224-0884